8.03.2011

Through the Storm



The other day I was on my way to meet a friend when I unexpectedly drove through a downpour.  The rain was coming down so hard that you could barely see out the window...and a few cars had pulled over, I'm sure hoping to wait it out.  About a mile into the storm it was as if I crossed a magical line and suddenly the road was dry, the sun was out and not a rain cloud was in site.  That type of thing happens, although it always strikes me as so odd (like the day when I came home and it was pouring while I was driving into my garage, but sunny and clear on my front porch...crazy!).  I got to thinking about the cars that had stopped and kinda laughed to myself...if they only knew what was ahead and the time that they were wasting just sitting and waiting rather than pushing through it (okay, I know, they were just being cautious drivers...but you'll see my point here in a second).

Isn't that how we live our lives sometimes?  We get stuck in the hard stuff and we feel overwhelmed, frustrated, sad and lack the motivation or even the hope to keep pressing on.  If we only knew how long the storm was going to last.  Granted, sometimes it's much greater than a one-mile stretch, but even then...the rain will subside, the clouds will part and the sun will shine again.  The best part is - God is with you through the storm to help you see, to show you the way.  So don't give up hope, don't pull off the road...you can make it through the rain.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...