Over the years I have made various bran muffin recipes but could never find one that I loved not only fresh out of the oven, but after being frozen and defrosted a month later as well (most end up pretty dry). So, several years ago I started playing with ingredients and finally came up with my "go to" for a delicious and healthy bran muffin. I made some a few weeks ago and had a few requests for the recipe, so here you go! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Vanilla Bran Muffins
1 1/2 cups All Bran Buds
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/3 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
2/3 cup brown sugar (I'm a sweet tooth, but you can work with less sugar if you like)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, mix together bran buds and buttermilk and soak for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat together applesauce, egg whites, sugar and vanilla (I use pure vanilla and I swear it makes a difference. None of that artificial flavoring stuff). Add bran mixture and mix thoroughly. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until blended.
Pour into greased muffin tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Yields 12 muffins.
Cinnamon Vanilla Bran Muffins
1 1/2 cups All Bran Buds
1 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/3 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
2/3 cup brown sugar (I'm a sweet tooth, but you can work with less sugar if you like)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
In a medium bowl, mix together bran buds and buttermilk and soak for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat together applesauce, egg whites, sugar and vanilla (I use pure vanilla and I swear it makes a difference. None of that artificial flavoring stuff). Add bran mixture and mix thoroughly. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until blended.
Pour into greased muffin tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Yields 12 muffins.


No comments:
Post a Comment