It is rare that you would find me in a place that I'm at a loss for words. In fact, I'm sure there have been times where people wished I had chosen to use less, and times when I wished I wouldn't have opened my mouth altogether...but that's for a different day, a different post. All I'm really trying to say is that I keep sitting down to write and although millions of words and thoughts pass through my mind, none of them seem to collect into a well-formed thought or story.
I started blogging back when I graduated from college - first as a way to stay in touch with friends and keep them updated on life, and second, so that I could have a way to look back over time and remember all of the details of my life, both small and large. Just the other day I started going through the archives...marveling at how much life changes in a blink...how you could never imagine what was about to happen or how drastically different life would look a year from where you were at that moment. Thankfully 99% of those "changes" have been absolute blessings, even if I didn't acknowledge them as such right away. Crazy when you think about how much we worry, fret and fear over the future and yet whenever you stop to look at your past, you quickly see how God never failed, never forgot, never abandoned you. Makes the worrying seem like such a waste, doesn't it?
Things I need to think about and soak in...yet, I digress...
It's time to catch up on life and try to keep some record of 2011 so that I don't forget God's faithfulness and amazing provision throughout this year. I can hardly believe we're almost halfway through the year when I start thinking over it all. People say time moves faster as you get older, and I don't understand how that's true, yet I am constantly witnessing it. I can only imagine how much more it must seem that way when you're watching your children grow. My oldest niece and nephew are starting to lose their teeth and are no longer toddlers! Thankfully they still seem to think I'm pretty cool and love when the "tickle monster" hides under their covers and attacks them before bedtime. Is it selfish to wish they'd never outgrow that? Someday they will think it's totally dorky to have dance parties in the living room before bedtime, but for now, I'll just eat it up every chance I get. Those are the things they will reminisce about when they're 31. I got to spend the past week with them and just soaked up every second. We blew water out of noodles at each other in the lake, cannon-balled off the boat, cuddled, took goofy pictures, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs over a campfire, danced, laughed when the stingray decided to completely soak Will at the aquarium, had seriously funny conversations (Lauren: "I'm a huge fan of dancing. Huge.") and most of all...enjoyed every second we had together. If only they lived closer.
Ahhh...so much more to say, but I'm out of words for today.
Until next time...
I started blogging back when I graduated from college - first as a way to stay in touch with friends and keep them updated on life, and second, so that I could have a way to look back over time and remember all of the details of my life, both small and large. Just the other day I started going through the archives...marveling at how much life changes in a blink...how you could never imagine what was about to happen or how drastically different life would look a year from where you were at that moment. Thankfully 99% of those "changes" have been absolute blessings, even if I didn't acknowledge them as such right away. Crazy when you think about how much we worry, fret and fear over the future and yet whenever you stop to look at your past, you quickly see how God never failed, never forgot, never abandoned you. Makes the worrying seem like such a waste, doesn't it?
Things I need to think about and soak in...yet, I digress...
It's time to catch up on life and try to keep some record of 2011 so that I don't forget God's faithfulness and amazing provision throughout this year. I can hardly believe we're almost halfway through the year when I start thinking over it all. People say time moves faster as you get older, and I don't understand how that's true, yet I am constantly witnessing it. I can only imagine how much more it must seem that way when you're watching your children grow. My oldest niece and nephew are starting to lose their teeth and are no longer toddlers! Thankfully they still seem to think I'm pretty cool and love when the "tickle monster" hides under their covers and attacks them before bedtime. Is it selfish to wish they'd never outgrow that? Someday they will think it's totally dorky to have dance parties in the living room before bedtime, but for now, I'll just eat it up every chance I get. Those are the things they will reminisce about when they're 31. I got to spend the past week with them and just soaked up every second. We blew water out of noodles at each other in the lake, cannon-balled off the boat, cuddled, took goofy pictures, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs over a campfire, danced, laughed when the stingray decided to completely soak Will at the aquarium, had seriously funny conversations (Lauren: "I'm a huge fan of dancing. Huge.") and most of all...enjoyed every second we had together. If only they lived closer.
Ahhh...so much more to say, but I'm out of words for today.
Until next time...



1 comment:
I'm glad you're going to write down the events of this year! You definitely don't want to forget how God has moved.
Post a Comment