3.21.2011

The state of my knees = the state of my life

You may think that based off of this picture, that would translate to mean that my life is in "pretty bad shape" right now - but it's actually the opposite!  All of the strawberries, bruises, scratches and scrapes are battle wounds from a long afternoon of sand volleyball (which = one.happy.girl :))

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous and included a beautiful outdoor wedding on Saturday (which in turn meant hours of dancing Saturday night :)) and an afternoon filled with sand volleyball on Sunday.  I hate to even admit how sore I am right now, but it's the kind of sore that feels pretty dang fantastic!  I wouldn't say we played the best we've ever played, but it was really the first Sunday the weather has been perfect and the whole crew was available to play...so we'll count it as a "warm up".  Being able to start in March means that we will be kicking booty and taking names by May! :) 

I would say I can't wait to play again next week, but I will be on the beach in Hilton Head Island, SC instead!  I have been counting down the days!  We're going to be camping, biking, grillin' out, roasting "canoes" over a campfire and reading books while listening to the waves crash on the beach.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a girl that loves a relaxation-vacation, but there are also times when I really love to be active and explore (Rocky Mountain National Park, winter ski vacations, etc.).  I hope to spend a good portion of this vacation on my bike or on my feet rather than on my butt :).  I'm sure there will be a little bit of both, but hopefully more of the former :).

BUT, before any of that can happen - I have 35 ads to design, a 9 panel display to finish, 12 projects for my biggest client and a branding campaign for another.  So...I better get back to it!  Love what I do and love the way in which God has provided for me to do it.  Some days I gotta pinch myself just to make sure I'm not dreaming.  Just one of the many ways that God has truly given me the desires of my heart!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...