As many of you know, cupcakes are a part of my daily life (well...in a 2-dimensional format at least :)), but every so often I like to scuttle around in the kitchen and actually create them. I always have a million different "baking ideas" rolling around in my head, but I try to save them for occasions rather than just baking for the heck of baking (because we all know that adds up quickly!). My friends jokingly refer to me as a "foodifile" because I bake not only because I love the process (because honestly, I give it all away. If I ate it, given my genetics, I would begin to look like a cupcake!), but I do it even more because I love taking photos of food. It's weird, I know, but it is what it is. I love making something look as beautiful as possible (which is definitely a work in process on my end) so that it is "picturesque". My slogan tends to be - "it better taste good, but if it doesn't look good...forget it" :).
Sooo...in regards to the "beautification" process, I finally signed up for a class that a friend and I have been trying to get into for a couple of years now! It's not that the class books up, it's the fact that you have to be able to attend 4 consecutive Saturday mornings...and how often do you have 4 Saturdays in a row available?? Every Saturday for the month of April we will be learning cookie, cupcake and cake decorating techniques for 2 hours. It's the first (and pre-requisite) of all the baking courses, so hopefully just a start to learning more! I gotta say, I went to sign up a few weeks ago and they told me to wait because the class would be going on sale on an upcoming weekend special. Well...that weekend special came and went and I completely forgot to sign up! I was so bummed, but knew I wanted to sign up anyway, so when I went to register on Monday I mentioned my forgetfulness and they gave me the sale price! Just shows it was meant to be (and it never hurts to ask :)).
Sooo...in regards to the "beautification" process, I finally signed up for a class that a friend and I have been trying to get into for a couple of years now! It's not that the class books up, it's the fact that you have to be able to attend 4 consecutive Saturday mornings...and how often do you have 4 Saturdays in a row available?? Every Saturday for the month of April we will be learning cookie, cupcake and cake decorating techniques for 2 hours. It's the first (and pre-requisite) of all the baking courses, so hopefully just a start to learning more! I gotta say, I went to sign up a few weeks ago and they told me to wait because the class would be going on sale on an upcoming weekend special. Well...that weekend special came and went and I completely forgot to sign up! I was so bummed, but knew I wanted to sign up anyway, so when I went to register on Monday I mentioned my forgetfulness and they gave me the sale price! Just shows it was meant to be (and it never hurts to ask :)).


No comments:
Post a Comment