Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream
This stuff is magic, people! My skin gets terribly dry and starts to peel in the winter, so one night my roommate handed me a tiny tube and said, "Try this." I washed my face and then squeezed out a tiny bit of what looks like pink Vaseline and rubbed it all over my face and neck. Certainly something so thick and "greasy-like" is going to irritate my skin...uh, no. In fact, this stuff works magic over night and makes my skin soft, smooth and baby-butt-like :). I'm officially a lifer.
Back at the beginning of February I sliced the top of my foot pretty badly on the corner of the shower door. Yowch! I treated it with antibiotic ointment every day until it healed, but it's still left a pretty nasty scar. I was wearing a pair of heels to a meeting the other day and it became pretty obvious that I needed to do something to tone down the glaring pink mark the stretches almost the length of my foot. So, a quick stop at Wal-Mart for some Vitamin E Oil and $5 later my foot is on its way to recovery! I've been using the oil every morning and night for just the past few days and already you can begin to see the scar fading. Definitely cheaper than the $15 tube of Mederma (or whatever it's called) and in my opinion, equally as effective. Also great to rub on elbows or heels or any "rough patches" that need some smoothin'.
I am in LOVE with this program. It's been around for quite a while now, but if you haven't joined the club yet, today is your day! For just $5/month you can be a subscriber and receive a weekly meal plan and grocery list for whatever floats your food boat! You can subscribe to just a regular plan - or you can do vegetarian, gluten-free, low-carb, low-fat, weight watchers....you name it, they've got it! They even have the option of a 2-person meal plan or a family plan, as well as choosing a specific grocery store for your meal plan so that you know exactly how much to budget for your groceries (give or take). I love to cook and my schedule is pretty flexible, so my roommate and I split the meals and cost. We are eating fantastic meals (and healthy too!) and spending around $125/mo. each on groceries. It takes all the tiresome part of meal planning out and makes it simple and fun! I'm a huge fan - check it out! E-MEALZ Easy Meals for Busy and Frugal Families
Last, but not least...





1 comment:
I live by the Mary Kay Emolient Cream, too! It works for everything. I knew a lady who even used a tiny bit in her daughter's hair for flyaways. I used it on my incisions after both ceasarians and it helped the healing process and scaring big time. It works on dry skin and cracked skin (even the heels of my feet) better than anything. It smells good, too. I sometimes get a patch of dry skin on my eyelid. Do you know how hard it is to treat that spot so near your eye? That cream is the only thing that worked for such sensitive skin. :-)
Post a Comment