1.12.2011

Valentine

I know I'm a little early for this post, but I've been doing a lot of Valentine's Day related work for my job and also was out running errands tonight - surrounded by all the Valentine themed merchandise and it just made me smile.  I love Valentine's Day.  I've actually never had a real "Valentine" myself, but that hasn't stopped me from enjoying a holiday centered around love.  I know there are a lot of singles out there who dread the holiday...but I'm not one of them.  I mean, sure, I wouldn't mind if someone decided to confess their undying love for me and cover my living room in roses :), but until that happens, I choose to see Valentine's Day as a holiday to celebrate all the people in my life that I love.  Maybe I'll make my own Valentine cards and send them in the mail, maybe I'll watch 14 different chic flicks with my girlfriends to celebrate February 14th, maybe I'll make heart shaped cookies and throw a party with a heart shaped pinata...or maybe I'll wear every shade of pink and red from head to toe.  Whatever it ends up being...I will celebrate because "significant other" or not...my life is overflowing with the love of an amazing God, wonderful family and the most incredible friends.  My heart is full, and that is worth celebrating every day of the year.

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

This right here is why we need to hang out on a regular basis! I'm one of those people that hates Valentine's Day but I recently have been trying to view it more the way you describe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...