I just got a text from a friend saying that we're forecasted to get 15 FEET of snow in Tahoe this week. Holyfreakincow! I may have just wet my pants from excitement :).
Yesterday we took off from Nashville to fly into Reno. Thankfully we missed all of the winter storms and made it in without any problems. My aunt was flying in from Iowa and unfortunately didn't end up arriving with any luggage (still waiting for it today) and my older brother Nathan made it in with just a short delay. While waiting for other family members to fly in, we did our mass grocery shopping run (we each take a turn cooking dinner which is a lot of fun) and then grabbed a bite to eat before heading to our house on North Tahoe lake. We drove through a LOT of snowfall and because of that, drove a little slower/more cautiously which took us longer. At some point I mentioned that we had dairy in the back of the car and hopefully it wasn't getting too warm. Nathan proceeded to grab one of the gallons of milk out of the back of the car and roll down the window - just holding it outside as we drove. I know it's probably one of those moments where you just had to be there, but we were seriously laughing so hard we were crying!
We got to our house around 9:00 or so and had fun exploring the place. The house was built in 1937 and has such great character! Big stone fireplace, wood paneled walls, great sloped ceilings and even a clawfoot tub in one of the bathrooms. It's the kind of place I could easily just stay forever....cozy with lots of charm!
The "front yard" of the house. Technically the lake is across the street from the houses, but there are chairs and tables to just hang out in front of the lake. Check out the snow!! I'm honestly contemplating bundling up in my ski gear and grabbing coffee and a good book and hanging out in one of those chairs. You can tell we're getting a ton of snow based on the lack of visibility. It's crazy amazing!
Even though we went to bed super late (and that was with the backwards time change...so SUPER late!), we all ended up wide awake around 6:30am. I know that's technically 8:30am in Nashville, but we also went to bed around 3 or 4am Nashville time, so it was still weird that I was wide awake. I guess it's just like being a kid on Christmas morning - too much excitement! My mom made pancakes for breakfast and when we finished, we didn't waste any time bundling up in our snow gear to head outside and play in the snow! We walked around exploring and taking pictures and then had a big snowball fight :). Right as I was snapping this picture, my older brother Nathan threw a snowball...which explains the hilarious facial expressions! :)
This was how I spent the rest of my day today...cozied up on the couch watching old Christmas movies in front of the fireplace. Absolute perfection! We're anxiously awaiting Ryan, Cheri & the kids' arrival tonight (praying they make it in safely - it's a crazy snowstorm out there!) and while we wait, plan on playing games, watching movies...and definitely sitting in the hot tub outside while it snows :).
Tomorrow we head out for our first day of skiing! I always get a little bit nervous and excited all at the same time! Can't wait to be on the mountain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Looks like you're having a blast, Trish! Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment