11.19.2010

Time flies when you're making pies

Okay, that title has absolutely nothing to do with this post, I just liked how it rhymed :). I'm cool like that.

One thing I love about blogging is being able to look back over the past several years and remember moments that were both small and seemingly insignificant as well as big and monumental. This time last year I was doing this.  It was an unforgettable experience with one of my closest friends - and I hope to repeat it again in the not-so-distant future.

I am tired.  I say that a lot on this blog because, well, I'm tired a lot!  I'm also irresponsible with my bedtime a lot.  Maybe it's my childhood rebellion coming through - all the years of resenting "school night" bedtimes.  I obviously have issues...and I like them. :)  For realz though, I have been up past 2am the last two nights and although I may look like a young and hip 21-year-old (just go with it, ok?), I am aging and soon will be sagging and wrinkly.  I'm using "visible lift" foundation for goodness sake.  It's not visibly helping.

I know I probably talk about "upcoming events" in my life entirely too often, but I seriously revert to a 5-year-old on Christmas morning when I start to think about all the things I'm looking forward to.  Try getting a 5-year old on Christmas morning to NOT care about all the presents under the tree with their name on them.  I dare you.  Double dare you.  Aww...that makes me think of Nickelodeon!  We didn't have cable but I watched it at my friend's house sometimes.  We loved "Hey, Dude!"  Anyhow...back to upcoming events...

I'm a planner - have I mentioned that?  I planned to mention it.  I plan to mention it again tomorrow.  I plan to make a plan to plan.  I have a plan in the works for next week, the following week, the week after that, the week after that, not the next week, but the next two weeks after that.  I love putting things on the calendar in color-coated categories.  I love making appointments and planning vacations.  Sometimes I like the planning more than the doing.  Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Anyhow, as of right now I'm really looking forward to tonight.  I can't wait to sit around a table with friends and break bread together (literally, we're eating some yeast rolls from Barbara's Home Cookin').  I'm hosting my own early Thanksgiving dinner before I head out to AZ next Tuesday.  Love spending time with people I love...even more than planning :).  Way more than planning, in fact.  Surrounding yourself with people that love the Lord - learning from each other and really living life together along the way...pretty amazing.

Pretty.stinkin.amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...