11.18.2010

Piepalooza

Do you ever go to a restaurant and at the end of your meal you want dessert, but you're just not sure if you want the molten lava cake, the apple crisp or the strawberry cheesecake?  I've often said they should just have a little sampler platter - just a bit of each is all I want (some places have accomplished this with their shot glass desserts, but I'm not always a huge "parfait" girl).  I decided to incorporate the "sampler" idea with thanksgiving this year.  Rather than making multiple regular-size pies, I made miniature pies.  I made pumpkin, apple and mini peanut butter cup cheesecakes.  The apple wasn't as successful as I would have hoped (difficult to remove from the pan after baking), but I love the way the pumpkin pies turned out.  I'll go into greater detail on these little pies and what they are for on my Frilly Milly page soon (at least that's the goal :)).  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

HopefulLeigh said...

Um, I'm going to need the recipe for the peanut butter cup cheesecakes. Sounds delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...