Pretty sure if I keep starting out blog posts with the phrase "I'm tired", you're all going to get annoyed with my whining. So, I won't say it this time, but *ahem* I think you get my drift.This was yet another full weekend...except 90% of it was spent outdoors...which made it even more amazing! Friday night I left work and immediately headed over to the church to meet up with 35 other KSA peeps to head out to Montgomery Bell for some camping! Rachelle & I rode together and Jenni followed us (she had to leave early, so she drove seperately), so we made our own little "pit stop" at Sweet Cece's :).
We might be addicted.
I prefer to stay in complete denial.
We arrived at the campgrounds around 7ish and unloaded our car. Steph & Jamie had driven up earlier that day and set up all of our tents, so we just threw our gear into the tent and started hanging out around the campfire...roasting hot dogs, s'mores, playing Catch Phrase, getting to know the people we've never met before, telling stories, laughing, and trying to stay warm :). It was a gorgeous day in the 80's on Friday, but the temps dropped down to the low-40's Friday night, so needless to say, it got a little chilly. When we finally called it a night and retreated to our tents, we bundled up...put our heads under the covers and slept in a "cocoon" for the night in order to keep warm. It was fantastic! I slept great other than the getting up at 7am part (much too early on a Saturday!). We enjoyed a little breakfast together before hitting the trails for a hike to the lake. I took pictures along the way with my new camera...but as I mentioned in the post below...wasn't a huge fan of the quality. Hopefully the next one will be better.
When we arrived back at camp it was already lunch time, so we grabbed a bite to eat and started the cleaning/packing process. We were on the road by 2ish and back home sometime around 3pm. I ran a few errands, picked up Gidget from J&B's and made it home in time to take a shower and change before heading out again!
This time we drove out to Marti's house in Fairview and had a bonfire with the KSA leadership team. We played fooseball, bean bag toss (not really corn hole...but similar), ate dinner while sitting on the trampoline, told embarrassing stories around the campfire (I asked the question and got out of sharing :)), and topped the night off with some serious Rock Band action! I had never played before and I must say, it's pretty addictive!! We called it a night sometime around 11:30 I think, then headed back to Franklin. Ro & I ended up in a pretty deep conversation while driving, and ended up sitting in the car until 1:30 finishing the discussion. Such a great evening!
Sunday morning I was, once again, late for church (those late Saturdays nights are killing me!). Thankfully not nearly as late as last week, but late nonetheless. A large group of us headed out for lunch afterwards and then went our seperate ways before meeting up again to watch the KSA softball game (well...some of us watched, most of them played). We lost, but it was just the first game of the season, so we've got time for a comeback :).
After softball it was time to head home and change again...this time for Kyla's going away party! It was an "all-white" theme at Tin Roof 2...and so much fun! I'm not sure how much money we raised for her, but I hope it was a lot!! There was music, dancing, a photo booth, sparklers, food, friends and just altogether a really fantastic night! I made it home shortly after 11 and pretty much crashed. Mondays always come too soon. Especially with weekends like that.
Totally worth it. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment