Last night was our first game of the volleyball season tournament. The tournament actually started last week, but since we finished in first place, we had a "bye". We went into the game short 1 player, which means that every time that missing player was supposed to serve, we had to forfeit the serve (and a point...since it's rally scoring). I personally prefer less people on the court, I think it makes for a better game, plus you have to be proud of the win when you gave away points and played the whole game with one less player than the other team. I think overall we played pretty well even though it wasn't our best game...and in the end we won the first 2 games and will be continuing on in the tournament in 2 weeks. I was all excited after our game because we were given tshirts that say "Winter Volleyball Season Champs"...so I'm thinking we won the whole thing already?! Apparently we are the season champs, but now we have to win the title of playoff champs? I'm not quite sure. All I know is that we get to play more games...and I'm excited about that! Plus, free tshirt :).
After our games the past few weeks we've been starting a tradition of coming over to my place, watching The Office, March Madness games, playing cards, and just hanging out and having a great time! Thursdays are quickly becoming one of my favorite days of the week! I look forward to keeping up the tradition...and when we move to sand volleyball Sundays in the summer...our tradition could move from my house to the pool! :)
Before our game last night I rushed home and started baking since it's my boss' 50th birthday tomorrow and we're celebrating today at the office. He requested a devil's food cake with some nutella and white icing, so I made a triple layer devil's food cake with a nutella glaze on each layer and covered in a vanilla buttercream icing. I even made a "50" stencil at work and dusted it with cocoa for the top of the cake. I hate to tell you that I was too distracted by the fun group of people hanging out at my house...and didn't take any pictures! However, it's down in the kitchen right now, so I'll try to take a pic (even if it's just with my iphone) before we cut into it. It's definitely not the most beautiful cake, but hopefully it tastes good. I figure of the 2...that's the most important.
Alright, gotta head to a meeting for the next couple of hours. Then it's work, a birthday y, more work, and off to the drive-in!
Have a great weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment