3.24.2010

Shopping around

So I'm on the lookout for a new camera. Not one to replace my SLR, but something that I can throw in my pocket when I'm out and about, rather than hauling around a big bulky "hi, I'm a tourist" kinda camera. I've narrowed down the specs of what I'm wanting, but haven't quite figured out which camera fits all of them...within a reasonable price (under $250).

-waterproof
-image stabilization
-fast shutter speed (I hate the slow recovery on most compact cameras)
-compact in size (easily fits in a pocket...less than 1" wide)
-would love if it has the "tap" capabilities (where you can tap the sides of the camera to change settings when wearing ski gloves, etc.), but that's not a deal breaker

So far I've been checking out the Olympus Stylus Tough line, the Pentax W80 and the Nikon S70, but am just wondering if there are still better options out there that I just don't know about. If you have a camera you love or want to add your 2-cents to this search, I would definitely appreciate any feedback you want to send my way! Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...