1.24.2010

Cottage cheese? Really?

I know some people get that dirty look on their face when you ask them if they like cottage cheese. Usually it doesn't have a whole lot to do with the flavor, it's definitely a texture thing. I, for one, love cottage cheese, but have found that I definitely prefer certain brands/types over others. A few weeks ago my favorite brand was sold out at the grocery store, so I decided to just buy the same type in another brand. Wrong choice. When I got home, I opened it up, tried a spoonful...and ended up with that dirty look on my face. Not at all what I was anticipating. So, rather than waste an entire container of perfectly good, but not-so-yummy cottage cheese, I tossed the whole container into the food processor and pureed away! Best. decision. ever.

I then did what I would normally do with cottage cheese, except that this was no longer your regular cottage cheese. I mixed 1/2 cup of my pureed mixture with a container of my favorite YoPlus light keylime yogurt, stirred until completely combined...and forever changed my relationship with cottage cheese. Dee-lish-us! It tasted like a thick and creamy version of keylime cheesecake! It was so good that I took a small spoonful of graham cracker crumbs and sprinkled it on top, making me feel like I was eating a decadently sinful dessert. And to think, I was eating cottage cheese!

So, for those of you haters out there, maybe it's time you gave cottage cheese a second chance. Who knows, you might actually start to love it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...