12.22.2009

Already?

Is Christmas seriously going to be here in 3 days? I swear we're at least a couple of weeks out! How does it always seem to sneak up on me so fast??

Things have been crazy busy but oh-so-good. Saturday we spent our afternoon out in the cold with the people that call Tent City their home. It was incredibly impacting to me personally...just to step outside of my little bubble and see the vast needs that are not oceans away, but merely miles. We were able to hand out coats, blankets, gloves, socks, and various other items as well as just taking the time to talk to people, hear their story, and pray for them. Everytime we'd pray I had the hardest time keeping myself from crying! It's just ridiculous that I would ever think I've had it rough in the slightest. It was amazing to me to hear not only what brought many of them to this place in their life, but to hear the hope that they held tight - knowing that things would not always be this way. I took pictures of the people that we connected with so that I would not forget their faces and names and so that I would remember to pray for them.


Last night we (kairos) were able to throw a Christmas party for the homeless guys at Room in the Inn (a party that was rescheduled from a few weekends ago). It was seriously fun! We put out a spread of food and then just spent the evening hanging out and playing games! My table played pictionary and had such a great time laughing over our sad drawings! But hey, we won - so sad as they were, they still worked! :)

Today was my company Christmas party which was an all day affair. We headed over to my boss' house (which you may remember from my 4th of July post) where his wife had prepared a ridiculously delicious meal (I should mention that Carl - my boss - cooked some of it too. Best grilled asparagus ever.) We played games, had a pretty dang funny talent show, watched some funny videos people had made, and finished the day off with a dirty santa gift exchange (although all nice gifts). I walked away very happy with my gift - a Cocoa Latte machine. I picked #3, unwrapped the Cocoa Latte, and because I work with an office full of men, no one even fought me on it. Best dirty santa game I've ever played. :)

Tonight was our last Kairos of 2009...which seems awfully sad until I realize that just means we don't meet next week! :) Steph & I are hosting a progressive New Year's Eve par-tay though, so that will keep us pretty busy preparing for that! Here are the invites I put together:

I also finished up my final Christmas card design this week. Normally family comes first, but sometimes in designing, they get put at the back of the pile! Well, not really this time...mostly they just had their picture taken, so I just got the photos. Either way, last year we didn't get them off to print until January, so we are ahead of the game this year! :)


Wishing you all safe travels and a fun and relaxing Christmas with the ones you love! And if you have snow (as I know the people in my homeland do)...please please send some my way. It's my only Christmas wish. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

That Christmas card is amazing - you are so talented! But I must also say, you had a pretty beautiful family to work with!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...