7.04.2009

4th of July Eve

Friday night my boss and his wife threw a "July Fourth Frolic" (I designed the invites :)) and it was so much fun! There was swimming, grilled corn on the cob (makes me miss Iowa), a movie on the lawn and fireworks! I had a great time meeting new friends and catching up with some people I hadn't seen in a long time. Bear & Rover (their big, burmese mountain dogs that I adore!) had to stay inside for the night, but I made sure to pop into the house and give them some love. I swear I'm going to take Bear home with me one of these days!

They live in an old, historic, A-MAZING home that people only dream of. It's on an acreage with lots of privacy, a white fence with a red gate, a big barn and windmill....*sigh*...it's beautiful!!

This is a canoe that is in the rafters of the "hut". It's hand-carved and gorgeous!

While I was taking pics in their backyard, a buck and a doe came out of the woods and I think I spooked them - so they took off running and seriously (not even kidding), the buck almost took me out! My first thought was to try to take a picture...but I wasn't able to take it while it was right in front of me.

Movies on the lawn...The Brave Little Toaster (Pixar's first film I think??)

The stick house and pool lit up at night. I mean, seriously...gorgeous! My boss shot off fireworks in the back yard at the end of the night - and they were some of my favorite fireworks! You know, the ones that shoot off one big explosion and then each explosion shoots off another?? I'm not sure how to explain it, but I sat on a rock and was about as giddy as a 5-year old the night before Christmas. They were fantastic!

1 comment:

Boswell said...

That house and pool do look amazing. Wish I could've been your date ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...