8.06.2009

Singles worth Singing...and an oldy but a goody

I love this girl....such a great sound with every song she releases. The single, "Maybe" from her upcoming album is so fun, catchy and a perfect "roll down the windows and sing" kinda song. If you've ever been a fan of Ingrid Michaelson, you'll love this song...and if you're not a fan, you soon will be! :)

David Gray (easily one of my all-time favorite artists) has been working on a new album and is drawing closer to the release date AND start of a new tour (crossing my fingers that he comes back the Ryman!). His first single off the album, "Fugitive", is consistent with his style - comprised heavily of piano and drums, but in a light, playful and soulful rhythm. He has his own unique sound - especially vocally, so I understand that for some it's a hit-or-miss, but for me, personally, I love love love it.

The second single...on the complete opposite side of the musical spectrum, is Muse's new release, "Uprising". It has a somewhat "electronic" feel to it (just slightly) and is certainly a darker sound musically, but interesting nonetheless. It's not entirely consistent with their previous works, so if you've been a huge Muse fan (which I personally just fall somewhere in the middle), you might be disappointed...or you might enjoy the new direction they're taking. Check it out!

An album that is actually over a year old, but still worth checking out, is Jay Nash's "The Things You Think You Need". Very singer/songwriter in style...nice acoustic feel to it. He also released a new EP this past May called "All the Stars in Copenhagen" (I personally like the previous full album better than the EP). I think his voice has a small resemblance to Bon Jovi...but don't let that influence you one way or the other...take a listen for yourself and see what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...