First off, don't forget to sign up for the giveaway posted below! The contest ends tomorrow at 10pm central time...unless there are not enough "contestants". I'm not sure what the minimum needs to be, but if it's not enough, the deadline may be extended. Either way, sign up soon and make sure your friends know about it!
I haven't posted on the craziness of life lately, and although you may not even be interested to know what I've been up to, I like to write updates just so I have a record for my own personal memory (you know, in case I lose my mind next year and someone has to read my blog to me from start to finish every day...like in the Notebook. Any volunteers? :)).
Friday I packed up miss Gidget (the new puppy for those of you just now tuning in) and took off for Knoxville. My youngest brother closed on his first house 2 weeks ago, so I went to help him pick out flooring, colors, decor, etc. I even found a gorgeous 2-year old (although it looked like it had never been used) American Signature dining set with 6 chairs and 2 leaves (still in the box!) for just $400! It was out in the boonies (and I mean, BOONIES), but obviously completely worth the trip. They even delivered it - and it was a 3-hour drive, round trip! Anyhow, we spent most of the weekend shopping for stuff and putting together ideas...and playing with Gidget in between. She had the best weekend of her life so far, I'm sure of it! My dad played with her like crazy and she was one happy little tyke. I was so proud of her for being such a trooper in the car (she slept pretty much the entire trip) and for not having any accidents (I'm litter training her and she is catching on like a champ!) and for the most part, not having any tantrums when it was time to go in her "condo".
Sunday morning we packed back up and headed home since I had to make it back for my sand volleyball league. We played our first game (3 matches) at 2:00, but then had a team that was short several players, so we stayed and played two more games to help them out (9 matches in total). Did I mention it was over 90 degrees outside and like 182% humidity?? Well, it was. It was hot and sticky and we were whooped when it was all said and done...but the day wasn't over! One of the girls from my team headed home with me and we changed quickly, grabbed Gidget and took off for Centennial Park to watch the kairos crew play ultimate frisbee. Gidget hasn't really gone to the park or had any big "outings" yet because I was waiting until she got her flea meds, so needless to say, she was pretty dang excited! She made friends with almos everyone on the team and wore herself out from all the excitement. I didn't play ultimate since I had Gidget...and since I haven't played in quite a while and knew I would need a refresher first, but I did play a little frisbee for a while...and even at 7:30pm it was still so daaang humid! You take two steps too quickly and you're drenched in sweat. Nasty, I know, but I'm just keepin' it real here, folks.
Monday night I babysat for my favorite little girls - Ava & Anna. Anna was itty bitty...I mean seriously tiny the last time I saw her, and now she's crawling everywhere and SO big! Ava continue to get cuter and smarter (I don't even know how that's possible) and always manages to completely crack me up with her "grown-up" conversations. We put together puzzles, watched cartoons and cuddled in bed while reading books. It was such a fun night!
And then there's tonight. I left work and met up with a few friends for dinner before heading to Kairos. The place was packed as always and we ended up having to bring in chairs to sit in the walkway! So worth it. The worship was awesome and I love Pastor Mike's summer series. In fact, I highly recommend checking it out on the podcast - it's free! We played a little basketball at the end of the night (they have a fun little indoor court upstairs) before saying goodbye and heading home.
Now I'm looking forward to a couple of nights at home before heading out with the girls on Friday. I have been wanting to start a supper club for a long while - ever since I went with my friend Kayla to one in Colorado Springs, and it's finally happening! The best part is that it's people from here-there-and everywhere. I know everyone, but some of the girls haven't even met each other yet. In the end I'm pretty sure everyone is going to absolutely hit it off and have so much fun! Friday is our "intro" night - picking dates, locations, themes, etc. I'm really looking forward to it!
Alright, well there you have it! The uber-exciting (and oh-so-ordinary) life of Trish. If you happen to be the one reading this to me when I start losing my mind, feel free to elaborate & exaggerate the details. I think it may aid in a quicker recovery.
--------------------------------
Tuesday also would not be complete without a new music recommendation! I swear the most difficult item to limit myself on in my personal budget is music (well...that and probably shoes). That's why I love it when a band posts a free preview of their full album! It at least delays me from making the purchase...plus it usually gives you the ability to enjoy the album before it's even released! So, today's music recommendation is another one of my absolute favorite bands (I have a lot of those...so I'm not sure if that means much...but seriously, they're good!), Sleeping at Last.
Their new album, Storyboards, is absolutely poetic and beautiful. I love the instrumentals...lots of piano and strings with just a slight amount of percussion. I think every album has a certain "mood" it puts me in, and for whatever reason, this album makes me want to sway in a hammock under the stars while it plays softly with the chirping of the crickets as it's backdrop. Plus, I'm a complete mush-pot at heart, and their lyrics are oftentimes oh-so-sappy-sweet. Hey, don't roll your eyes at me. You know you love it too! Enjoy the free (full) preview of the album here. It's the second album in the list.Now go get your hammock.

No comments:
Post a Comment