7.07.2009

Story of my life

So, yesterday we had a photoshoot at work for company web photos. One of the photos we shot in my boss' office and re-arranged furniture a bit to get the setup we were wanting. I bent over, just slightly, to pick up a chair, and instantly felt this sharp pain in my lower back. Apparently I bent over at just the right/wrong angle and tore a muscle or something of that sort. It was annoying, but not terrible, so I thought if I worked out last night - particularly my "core" - it would just take care of it and feel better. Um, wrong choice. Whatever I did, it hurts. Quite badly. It hurts to sit, to stand, to walk, to bend, to sleep....you name it. So, I went to the chiro and had "therapy" as well as an adjustment/stretching, but apparently I have several days of therapy still ahead. Boo. I was told to go home, lay on the couch and ice up. Argh. Nothing frustrates me more than being "immobile". I'm really hoping he's able to get me back to normal before Friday since I'm spending the weekend in Colorado. Immobile is one thing - immobile in Colorado is just plain cruel. I've also been looking forward to frisbee with an old friend tomorrow night, so I've got a very tight deadline for my back to start cooperating. If only it would heed my commands. We have such a love/hate relationship.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hope your back gets better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...