7.28.2009

Pie Pops

So tonight I wanted to try out an idea of making "pie pops" instead of the typical "cake pops". Because I wasn't sure how it would turn out, I went the uber simple route of just buying pre-made pie crust and store bought pie filling...as well as a pack of lollipop sticks.

I cut the pie crust into 2" circles using a biscuit cutter...

For variety (and to see how different types of filling cooks up) I made cherry, blueberry and apple pops.

I sealed the edges using a lollipop stick, and then brushed a light coating of egg whites over the top before sprinkling them with sugar (and cinnamon on the apple pie pops). I baked them at 375 until they turned a perfect shade of golden brown. I'm taking them into work tomorrow, so I bought a small sheet of styrofoam to hold all the pops. If these are a success...I think the next round will be pumpkin, pecan and chocolate! :) A perfect way to use up the remainder of your pie crust and filling when you're baking pies...and also I imagine it would be a fun little baking project with the kiddos too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I give the pie pops, two thumbs way up. These tasty little treats are a delectable part of any nutrition meal. Have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner and you will be pleased. A significant source of Vitamin D, eating pie pops have been linked with kindness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...