7.27.2009

Who knew cuteness came in such a small package??

and no, I'm not talking about shoes! :) Before I dive into that...quick rundown of the weekend.

Friday night I enjoyed a fun game night with a group of people at my friend Steph's house. It was a lot of people that I'd never met before, but I'm always up for meeting new people - and I really enjoyed it! We played a few different games, laughed a lot, ate a lot and just had a really fun night.

Saturday I enjoyed a day on the town with my roommate. We hit up brunch at the Puffy Muffin (try not to be jealous, Lisa!), caught a matinee of The Ugly Truth (don't judge...yes, it was crass, but also very funny), and then took off for the state park once again to do some camping while the weather was still nice and not miserably humid.

We had SO much fun...especially when it started pouring in the early morning hours which was pretty much the most amazing sleep possible (better than rain on a tin roof!) and made for a fun morning of Phase10, card games, books, movies, etc. until the rain cleared off. Only two more weeks before I pack up the tent again...although this time with a group of people - most whom i've never met - to go camping before hitting up the Ocoee and doing some whitewater rafting!!

Okay, so the BIG news...the "cuteness in a small package"...is that I finally caved in and bought a PUPPY! Oh, I've had a million and one conversations about how I travel too much, I don't have the time, etc., etc., etc., but I also think my life is probably the simplest it will ever be and if I'm ever going to do it, now is the time...and then when I saw her...well...as you can easily see, I was too weak to say no.

(breeder's photo)

I'm thinking about naming her Gidget (from the tv show that I used to watch as a child - reruns of course :)). My first pick was Roxy (ode to my ski gear that I love so much :)), but it just seems a little too sassy for that sweet face. I think Gidget seems to stick...and Gidgy for short seems awfully cute. I mean, really, what name captures something that adorable?! I met her tonight, but won't be picking her up until Saturday. Gotta do some puppy-prep shopping first! I'm sure I will have many pictures to post once she's actually living with me, but I promise to not turn my blog into an "ode to my dog". Promise.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Trish,
I LOVE Gidget. Roxy is actually an overused dog name if you can believe it. I know two people with dogs named that. Anyway, can't wait to see the new puppy with your photography skills.
Beth

Trish said...

Oh good! Gidget has been my favorite for a while...and then especially since I met her. It just suits her sweet personality - and the fact that she's tiny. I just liked Roxy because of my ski gear, but it's good to know it's overused. I think I made the right choice :). Already ordered a little "Gidget" dog tag! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...