7.02.2009

Patriotic Burgercakes


...or maybe slidercakes? I'm not sure what to call them yet, but they were definitely fun to make! I haven't tried one yet, so I can't tell you if they're any good, but I'm pretty happy with the turnout.



Basically I just took a box of yellow cake mix and made 24 regular size cupcakes (in paper cups). I also took a 9x13 box of brownie mix and split it into 2-9x13 pans so that it made relatively thin brownies. From there I just peeled off the paper around each cupcake and sliced them in half. I used a biscuit cutter and made 24 circles out of the 2 pans of brownies. Now, if I was only making these for decorative purposes, I would have used coconut with green food coloring for the lettuce, but I know that not everyone is a fan of coconut, so I just kept it simple and used green icing for everything. The key to making them look like mini-burgers was to take a paintbrush and spread a light coating of water on top of the cupcake and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds. Add a flag toothpick in honor of the 4th of July - and viola! You have a pan full of mini burgercakes!

On a completely separate note, I'm finally feeling settled in my new job...and more importantly - am really enjoying it! I knew when I agreed to the job that I would definitely like the people and atmosphere, and I think I've figured out why it's so great. Everyone here really likes their job - like genuinely likes it! They like their co-workers and even if they spend every single hour of their day together, they still hang out after work too! Yesterday my boss sent an email to the company saying that we would be closing early and heading to Cozymel's to celebrate one of our co-worker's achievements as well as the first day of our 25th year. I still can't believe he literally took the entire company out for dinner and drinks! Pretty amazing. There's still so much more great things I could say, but for today I'll just leave it at that. Things are going well...and I anticipate that will only continue to get better each month!

Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...