6.30.2009

Ziplock & painter's tape

Before I dive into the title of this post, I want to share a few things. A longtime friend of mine just found out yesterday that her niece has a 2" mass on her brain and is going in for surgery tomorrow. She's the sweetest little 5-year old girl and she needs your prayers, so if you think of it - please pray for Kate and her family this week. It's a very scary time and yet I know our God is so much bigger - therefore I'm believing for a good report.

Second, and much less important and not even relevant, I'm watching men's World League court volleyball on tv right now and can't believe I'm even blogging since it's the most addictive and motivating thing I've ever watched. Makes me want to run to the gym and play right now! They make everything look completely effortless...and their spikes...SHEW! Can they hit or what?! Not gonna lie....it's pretty hot :)

Okay...onto the the ziplock & painter's tape.

I'm not going to bore you with details, but basically once every 2-3 months I have to have my hip sliced into and a pellet placed in it. It's not major surgery or anything...just uncomfortable for 2-3 days. Anyhow, I'm not allowed to take a shower for 24 hours, but I just can't do it. I woke up this morning, knowing I HAD to have a shower...so I thought about saran-wrapping my hips, but that sounded complicated and difficult to move, so my creative solution? Yep, ziplock & painter's tape :). I actually laughed out loud looking at this square of plastic and blue tape on my hip. You'd think I went to some backwoods doctor or something! Haha! It worked though!

Oh, and on a super cute note, I talked to lil miss Emily on the phone for a few minutes tonight. Oh my word I could just eat her up! I don't know what it is about that little voice and pigtails! The next 2 months need to FLY by so that I can squeeze that little belly again soon!!!

Alright - back to volleyball! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...