"I know you can be overwhelmed and underwhelmed but can you ever just be whelmed?"
I know that quote well because a few girls from college knew that movie by heart and I'm pretty sure that was one of their favorite quotes. Anyhow, I think that's where I've come to from yesterday. I'm no longer overwhelmed (thank goodness!), but I can't say that I've just "settled in" in one day, so for now I'm just "whelmed"...if that's possible. :)
I spent the majority of today designing a logo from a major event coming up in Denver (wooohooo!!) in September. I think when all was said and done, I had about 5 strong concepts...and of course variations of those and a few others that were just so-so and didn't end up to even be contenders. I had a good laugh at the end of the day when the one we all landed on was actually the design I created yesterday! Ah well, it was good practice, and goes to show you that sometimes your first instinct is the strongest. Tomorrow I'll be working on designing the web page to coordinate with it (I "design" them but don't program them) and who knows what else. I think they've got plenty for me to jump into, so I don't think I'll be getting bored anytime soon! Gotta love that!!
Unrelated to work, tonight was the first night of our court volleyball tournament. I signed up for a volleyball league that started back in April - and I must say, for a "hodge-podge" team, we did really well! As of tonight, we were in 2nd place, but we won our first 2 games and lost our second set, so that's the end of the season for us. It's sad to be done, but we're all signing up as a team for sand volleyball which starts next month...so we'll still be able to get our fix. :) I do have to say, signing up for a sports league is a fun and fantastic way to meet new people! We're going canoing next Saturday and already talking about camping trips and various other outdoor activities that we all want to do this summer. Between the new people at my job and new people I'm meeting through kairos...it feels like I'm starting over somewhere new, which in a lot of ways is exactly what I was needing.
Manohman it's gonna be a great summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment