6.06.2009

Ahhh...contentment!

I'm beginning to feel like my blog is severely lacking photos right now, sorry! Apparently I need to do some activity worthy of taking pictures or create something in the kitchen. I'll work on that.

Every day is getting progressively better! I did say it would take me about 2 weeks to fully adjust...and I think from where I'm at right now, that should be just about right. I think by next Friday I will feel like I've really found my groove and have a pretty clear idea of what my new day-to-day life entails. I will say that I'm someone that thrives off of words of affirmation...and if the past 3 days are any sign of every week to come...I will be growing leaps & bounds and content as can be. I've always said you can give me one compliment and I'll be good to go for about a year! I am excited about all the new challenges and also still very much want to push myself to think more creatively, learn new techniques and not only stay on top of design trends, but try to think ahead of them rather than following behind them. I honestly don't think this opportunity could have come at a more perfect time in the midst of my "design burnout". I'm beginning to remember what it felt like when I first began to design. Ideas are popping in my head left and right, I can't design as quickly as my mind is thinking and time just seems to fly by! It's an amazing, exhilarating feeling, it really is. I hope it lasts for a good, long while.

I enjoyed ending my workweek by having a new friend over to hang out. I made some homemade chocolate chip cookies (your house should always smell inviting...and what's more inviting than the scent of fresh baked cookies?! :)) and we just sat on the couch, talking for hours and capped the night off with a few games of wii tennis and bowling. I forget how much I like playing with the wii. Poor thing just sits in the tv collecting dust most of the time. Maybe I'll enjoy a little Medal of Honor action tomorrow. I love that game!

As far as the rest of the weekend goes, I intend to be a bum :). I'm going to sleep in tomorrow (considering that it's 3:15am and I'm still up...that probably means I'll just get a normal 8 hours of sleep!), workout, enjoy the pool and maybe catch a movie. Sunday I'm going on a tour of historic homes with one of my old coworkers, so I'm pretty excited about that. I love touring homes - especially when they're full of character and intricate architectural details. Combine that with one of my favorite people and it should be a pretty fabulous Sunday afternoon! :)

I hope wherever you are you're having fabulous weather as well and have plans to enjoy every bit of it! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...