
I'm missing the cuties today. Why does Arizona have to be so hot and so far away? I was flipping through the pictures of our camping trip - wishing I was heading back there this weekend. First - because I love camping, second - because it's Emily's 2nd birthday and I wish I could be there to celebrate the little cutie in all her pigtail glory. I mean, just look at that face...
I forbid her from getting any older. Absolutely forbid it. She can walk, say my name and has the perfect peppy pigtails. What more does she need? I think 2 is a good age for her and why change a good thing? So there you have it.This week has been both great and simple, which is a good combination. I think after a week that seemed like it was constantly jam-packed, having a lower-key week was necessary. Tomorrow night I'm heading over to the Belle Meade Plantation for a "barn door movie". I mean, seriously, how fun is that?! Reminds me of the barn parties we had growing up. Don't laugh. They were absolutely fantastic and if you only knew what it was like to watch a movie in a hayloft, you'd be jealous. Trust me. Friday I'm meeting up with some friends for dinner and a movie (The Proposal). I love Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, so I hope it's as funny as the previews make it out to be.

Saturday I'm hoping to head over to the Blackberry Jam Music Festival with some peeps if the weather cooperates. It's just an afternoon at the Boyd Mill Farm where several local musicians showcase their talent (from Bluegrass to Blues) while you sit back and enjoy from a lawnchair or blanket spread out on the lawn. If you live nearby, come on out and pack a picnic! Sounds like perfection to me! The rest of the weekend I'm looking forward to spending by the pool with a good book. We'll see what happens...
Anyhow, that's all I've got for today! Hope you're enjoying your week so far and keeping cool (or not...depending on your preference :)).

No comments:
Post a Comment