
I'm not quite into "serious shopper" mode just yet, but I am considering purchasing a new car and although it may surprise some of you - the Subaru Impreza (Outback Sport edition) is what I'm in love with (although the pictures in the link are missing the rear spoiler that just makes it). I actually have two other vehicles that I've been thinking about as well. The first is the FJ Cruiser (in royal blue with the white top). I love its personality, but it's a little more than I want to spend (even if I find a good used one), the wheels would cost an absolute fortune to replace, and if gas prices go back up (as they appear to be doing)...I would seriously regret my sad excuse for gas mileage. The second vehicle I was considering was the Nissan Pathfinder. I've always loved how big and sporty they are...and actually, there are quite a few good deals out there. Still the same downsides though - gas mileage and upkeep. Plus, let's be honest, I don't need a car quite that size even if I love it. Also, I want something with a little more personality and "zip" if you will. That led me back to the Subaru Impreza. We saw these sporty little cars all over Utah when we were there for Christmas and I absolutely fell in love. I love the 2-tone (think it looks even better in person than in the pics) and I love that it still functions like an SUV. It's all-wheel drive, has a roof-rack that can be changed to carry anything from skis to bikes to kayaks and more. It comes standard with heated seats and windshield whiper deicers (which I probably won't be using much in the south) and even if you purchase the 4-speed automatic, it has the option to be driven as a manual...which I also love. Plus, it gets decent gas mileage, the tires won't be outrageously expensive to replace, and I'm pretty sure I will become a speed demon with all it's turbo-zippiness! I'm also considering purchasing it brand new just for the fact that the used vehicles are not much cheaper and the interest rate for a used car is 7.8% and they are running 2.9% financing on the purchase of a new car. Anyhow...just thinking about it (and building it online at least once a day :)). We'll see what happens...

3 comments:
This might be the only time since we've been alive that it is probably a better deal to buy a new car than a used one! If your Saturn on it's way out?
is this my first comment? i can't remember, but i do love keeping up w/ all your adventures! :)
i just had to weigh in because i have a subaru (legacy)...and there are a couple of things i would recommend: if you have the option NOT to get the sport tires, TAKE IT. they're not very durable, and very very expensive to replace. *sigh*
also- try to drive it around as much as you possibly can, and check your visibility. i really like my car, but it's a little bit hard to see out of, even after 2 years.
but i've never felt safer than in the AWD subaru, believe me! gas mileage isn't great with AWD, but it was a trade-off i was willing to make. :)
Hey Beth! No, the VUE is still fantastic...going 7 years strong! I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever, but I'm getting up there in mileage, so just thinking about a new car. Still debating.
Carolynn - thanks for the input! You're right, the gas mileage isn't fantastic, but it's also probably close to what I'm getting right now (and better than the FJ or Pathfinder), so I'm okay with that. I will definitely make sure not to get the sport tires, thanks! Realistically, I won't make any major moves toward a purchase anytime soon...but it's still good to have subaru-user feedback in the meantime! Thanks!
Post a Comment