It's been a while since I contributed any music recommendations, so I'll give you a few today. This week I've been listening to The Swell Season. It's not new - it came out in 2006, but I had the music from the soundtrack of Once so I went to check out more of Glen Hansard's stuff. When I pulled this up and started listening to it I was reminded of how fantastic their style is. I love the instruments and very relaxed feel...as well as the beautiful harmonies. Good stuff!
Another album that's and oldie but a goody is one by Hem that was released back in 2007. The album is called Home Again, Home Again.The first song on the album is actually featured on a Liberty Mutual commercial (which is what reminded me to pull it up again). It faintly has a Nickel Creek sound to it (just ever-so-slightly) that I love. Kinda singer-songwriter-ish. Probably more similar to Patty Griffin than Nickel Creek. Another album that is perfect for a rainy, overcast day (probably why I enjoyed listening to it this week).
So there you have it! There's a whole lot more I need to post about it, but that's at least a start.

No comments:
Post a Comment