Pretty sure this little piece of plastic makes it official. Those are my new business cards, which are pretty schnazzy if I do say so. I kinda laugh at my title (graphics services manager) because, to be honest, I'm not even sure what it means. I'm just a graphic designer...whether that's fancy or not, it's what I do. I would fill you in on my first day of work, but it was pretty short. I was just there for a few hours and since some of the things that are needed for me to get movin' are not in yet, they just told me to come back Wednesday morning. I will not argue...I will just head straight home, put on my swimsuit and suffer it out at the pool. *sigh* My life is so incredibly difficult right now I just about can't stand it ;-). I am, however, ready to get rollin' and find my stride with the new company. As much as I like change, transition is sometimes difficult for me, so I'd like to dive in and get past the transition phase as quickly as possible if I can. I can't even begin to explain how strange it is to start all over again after 7 years. I desperately needed the change, I know it's good for me, I know there will be a lot to learn...but it doesn't necessarily make it a cake-walk either. You'd laugh if I told you the things that completely freak me out and cause me to hyperventilate. They're typically ridiculous - and I'm fully aware of that - but they still unravel me just the same. If people could hear my thoughts lately, they would be hearing a lot of mental "pep-talks", which would be pretty embarrassing...but let's be honest...we all have to have them every once in a while (and some of us more than others :))! So, all that to say...I'll get back to you in about 3 weeks and let you know how things are going. Hopefully by then I will have found my rythym and won't be in an upward dog position practicing calming yoga breathing techniques. At least I hope so!
6.01.2009
First Day
Pretty sure this little piece of plastic makes it official. Those are my new business cards, which are pretty schnazzy if I do say so. I kinda laugh at my title (graphics services manager) because, to be honest, I'm not even sure what it means. I'm just a graphic designer...whether that's fancy or not, it's what I do. I would fill you in on my first day of work, but it was pretty short. I was just there for a few hours and since some of the things that are needed for me to get movin' are not in yet, they just told me to come back Wednesday morning. I will not argue...I will just head straight home, put on my swimsuit and suffer it out at the pool. *sigh* My life is so incredibly difficult right now I just about can't stand it ;-). I am, however, ready to get rollin' and find my stride with the new company. As much as I like change, transition is sometimes difficult for me, so I'd like to dive in and get past the transition phase as quickly as possible if I can. I can't even begin to explain how strange it is to start all over again after 7 years. I desperately needed the change, I know it's good for me, I know there will be a lot to learn...but it doesn't necessarily make it a cake-walk either. You'd laugh if I told you the things that completely freak me out and cause me to hyperventilate. They're typically ridiculous - and I'm fully aware of that - but they still unravel me just the same. If people could hear my thoughts lately, they would be hearing a lot of mental "pep-talks", which would be pretty embarrassing...but let's be honest...we all have to have them every once in a while (and some of us more than others :))! So, all that to say...I'll get back to you in about 3 weeks and let you know how things are going. Hopefully by then I will have found my rythym and won't be in an upward dog position practicing calming yoga breathing techniques. At least I hope so!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Trish, I hope you have a great "first/second" day tomorrow! And I hope you enjoyed being off today :) I'm sure you're going to love your new job and that they are going to love you, the transition is always the hardest part...Hang in there!
Post a Comment