5.25.2009

Phoenix: Day 4-5

Camping was FANTASTIC! Our campsite was big, beautiful and quiet...surrounded by gorgeous, tall ponderosa pines. We arrived just after 4:00 and met our friend Jordan at the site. It was sprinkling off and on a bit in the first hour, so we hustled to get the tents and everything else set up. Thankfully the rain came & went and we had a perfect, clear night with a dark sky full of stars. I loved it, love love loved it! Personally, I'd love to repeat it every time I come to visit...but that's probably not likely :). Anyhow, we grilled hamburgers, roasted marshmallows, sang songs around the fire, and the "tickle monster" even attacked the kiddos in their sleeping bags! ;) Lauren also professed her undying love to Jordan and told him that she plans on marrying him when she turns 16. Haha!! It was a bit chilly which made for perfect camping weather...huddling close to the fire to keep warm and bundling up in the sleeping bag at night. I can't wait to go again! Will & Lauren loved it and continually cracked me up. Breakfast was a total botch (my bad!), so Ryan made a run into town for some cereal & milk while we packed up the site. Always the sad part about camping - how quickly it ends. It was worth all the setup and cleanup though - we had a great time! We even stopped by a stables afterwards to go horseback riding, but Will decided he wasn't a big fan, so we scratched that and headed home. That's okay, next time! As I write this, I still smell of smoke (mmm gotta love some campfire smoke :)) and desperately need a shower...and to start packing. Tomorrow I fly home :-(. It's been a great week and as always, went by much too fast.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...