5.23.2009

Phoenix: Day 2

Today was a full & fun day. I made a healthy version of Egg McMuffins for the kiddos this morning using whole wheat english muffins, egg beaters, lowfat cheese and turkey bacon. It wasn't as successful as french toast, but that wasn't necessarily surprising! :) After breakfast we all got ready and took off for the Children's Museum of Phoenix. We had a rough start (the place was seriously a circus - massive piles of children running everywhere), but once a few field trip classes left, it was much less crazy and therefore the kids were able to try pretty much everything and had a lot of fun.


We returned home into to grab a quick bite to eat before the babysitter arrived, then Cheri and I took off to do some shopping while the kids napped. I started working on dinner (healthy chicken pot pie) when we came back home and helped Ryan set up the new tent in the backyard to make sure it wasn't faulty like the one we assembled the night before. The kids loved watching the tent go up and were even more excited to explore inside once it was completely assembled. I cannot WAIT to go camping with them! Will checks the calendar every day to see how far we are from Sunday!

After the kids had gone to bed, I started working on Cheri's birthday cake. I invented a triple layer lemon strawberry cake with a citrus glaze and whipped cream cheese icing. Everything was working together quite nicely until the icing...which was a little too thin and just didn't hold up as well as I would like. SO, sorry...no pictures. I was too bummed with the aesthetic appearance (or lack thereof) to take a picture of it. This is just what happens sometimes when you make up your own recipe. We'll see how the rest tastes tomorrow, but I know I'll be changing the icing recipe the next time I attempt it.

We finished the night watching Jim Gaffigan on Comedy Central. The guy is hilarious! In honor of our camping trip this weekend...I'm sharing this (even though I'm one that LOVES camping...it's still too funny not to share!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...