5.21.2009

Phoenix: Day 1

I flew into Phoenix last night and had quite an entertaining flight with the entire Nashville Sounds baseball team on board. We arrived a little late, but since Ryan had just flown in from Vegas, he was able to meet me at my gate...which was pretty fun since you haven't been able to do that for years now. Anyhow, we grabbed my bags and headed home - and I was immediately greeted by two little munchkins with big hugs. They even painted a "Welcome Aunt Trish" sign and hung it on the door! I mean, seriously, my heart is a puddle. After chatting with Cheri & Ryan for a few minutes, all of us went outside for a quick jump on the trampoline before bed. Nothing beats jumping on the trampoline in the dark with cutie patooties in pj's!

This morning Cheri woke me up around 6:30 for P90x yoga. This was my first attempt at yoga, and while I wouldn't say it's my exercise regimen of choice, it wasn't too bad and I will definitely do it again. I'm not sure what's on the schedule for tomorrow, but I have a feeling it's a little more boot-camp style than the "focus & balance" of the yoga. Once we'd finished exercising, I went to making french toast for the kids. Will's first question to Cheri when he got up was "what is Trish making us today?" Aw, I love that they look forward to that! He was pretty excited when he found out it was french toast! Little did he know that it was a "good for you" recipe. :) After we finished breakfast, his first question was, "Aunt Trish, what's for lunch?" Definitely a growing boy.

After breakfast the kiddos went outside to play and I went to putting together dinner in the crockpot. I wanted to eat healthy for the most part while I'm visiting, so I offered to do all the cooking if Ryan and Cheri took care of the groceries. Works great for everyone because it's more fun to cook for a crowd and it also gives Cheri much deserved break. I made a new recipe called Alpine Chicken that was definitely a hit and a keeper in my book. I'll post pictures and the recipe later on.

Once that was taken care of, we all got ready for the day, Cheri packed a quick picnic and we headed off to the park. I loved pushing Emily on the swing as she giggled and squeeled. Will made monkeys look bad on the monkey bars and Lauren climbed the rock wall like a pro. Plus, they all looked so cute I just had to snap some pictures...


It was naptime once we returned, so Cheri put the kids down, I worked on a few things and then chatted with the mom of one of Cheri's tutoring students while Cheri had a tutoring session. The kids were up shortly after and we played a variety of trampoline games - including trampoline charades. Will kept saying, "I'm on fire!" every time he guessed one correctly...it was pretty funny!

Emily watched me as I finished up getting dinner ready and kept saying "you're funny!". I'm not really sure why, but it was pretty cute. After dinner Ryan and I set up their new (enormous!) tent in the living room, only to discover it had a rip in the base and will need to be returned. Cheri put Emily to bed and then she & Ryan left for worship practice while Will, Lauren and I watched BOLT. Once the movie was over we headed upstairs for teeth brushing (have to get rid of the "sugar bugs" as Lauren would say :)), bedtime stories...and of course, the return of the tickle monster :). I made the mistake of telling Lauren to watch out for it or it might tickle her in her sleep. Um, big mistake...had to quickly clarify that I was just teasing. I said prayers with each of them, tucked them in, gave them kisses and said goodnight.

Not a bad first day...not at all! Can't wait for tomorrow!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...