1.11.2009

Missin' the Mountains

I'm enjoying a lazy afternoon on the couch watching the "Dew Tour" on tv, thoroughly impressed by these people and wishing I had some snow outside my window...or even better...a MOUNTAIN with snow! I can't even imagine living in a place where I could head up to the mountain and ski every weekend if I wanted to. I mean, I'm not that good - I have a lot of room for improvement, but I love it...and that's all that really matters, right?! :)

It's been a great, low-key weekend. Friday night I babysat for one of my favorite 3-year-olds and her new baby sister. She is a riot and a half and always amazes me at how "self-sufficient" she is for someone her age! She just cracks me up! Saturday I slept in (bliss), met a friend for a matinee, stopped at the store for some football snacks and headed home to watch the Titans game with some friends. Unfortunately, we lost, but it's been a good run.

Today I visited a new church that was really good, but not the right fit. Still looking. I am, however, really excited about a new young adult group that meets mid-week that I am getting involved in. I visited last Tuesday and just prayed before I went in that the Lord would make it clear whether it was the place for me or not - and oh, he definitely did :). I absolutely loved the worship & teaching, but got even more excited when I discovered they have a volleyball league (I can't even tell you how long I've been looking for that!), outdoors club, ski trips, etc. Yeah, God gets me :). I was so stinkin' excited when I left I could hardly contain myself! I'm still waiting to get all the details on everything, but it looks like I'll be playing my first volleyball game Thursday night! It might be rough...I definitely need a warm-up!

Well, the Dew Tour just ended...so I think I might pop in a movie and work on some freelance. I've got a busy week ahead with work, work meetings, freelance, young adult group, volleyball and the gym in general, so I'm going to enjoy my downtime while I have it! Hope you've enjoyed your weekend!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...