I grew up in a musical family. We all play at least one instrument (although for some of us I say that loosely :)), but more than that, it's almost our "love language" to find new music and introduce it to each other. It's exhilarating to find a new artist or song that just speaks to your ears and sends chills all the way down to your toes. My friends laugh at me because I am notorious for falling in love with songs that "build" as they go. I love when it starts out so simply and all of the sudden, at the three minute mark the orchestra builds and drums kick in and you can't help but crank up the volume and roll down the windows! Ahh! I also love, love, love the combination of rock and strings...mmmm! I could go on and on about all the music that I love (and frankly, there is not time because I love too much), but what I love even more than all of that is when you find music that reaches down deep and touches your soul. I love when you are in a certain place in life or feeling a certain way, and all of the sudden a song comes on that seems like it was written to you for that very moment. The crazy thing is that it can be a song you've heard a million times before, or one that has been out for years, but it finally finds its way to you at just the right moment. This week has been that kind of week. Songs come on the radio, or I listen to an album I had forgotten I had, or someone emails me something I need to check out...however it happens, it just keeps happening. Personally, I think it's just one of the many ways that God speaks to me...he always knows how to capture my heart :).
So, check out the song at the top of my playlist today. Who knows, maybe it was meant for you to hear today as much as it was for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment