Alright...moving on. My intent for this blog was a more serious topic, but apparently I got a little giddy with all the sugar. So...on to what I really wanted to say.
I've started re-reading the book "Drawing Near" by John Bevere. I started to read it a long time ago and never finished it and somehow it was floating on the top shelf of my closet and caught my eye the other day...so I decided it was time to dive in once again - from the beginning - and finish it. It's SO good. If you haven't read it - or even if you have...go read it again. I don't think we can ever be reminded enough of how much God desires to have an intimate relationship with us - one where we know His heart and He knows ours. I love this passage from the second chapter...
"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God! They are innumerable! I can't even count them; they outnmuber the grains of sand!" -Psalm 139: 17-18I am overwhelmed at the thought of it. I mean, my mind feels like it processes a thousand words a minute sometimes, and even then I can't imagine all that he thinks of me. Even the people in life I admire the most couldn't fill up my childhood sandbox! Just one of the many reasons He is so amazing...
It is almost impossible to grasp, but His thoughts about each one of us are more than all the grains of sand on the earth! Think on it a moment, imagine every granule of sand collected from the entire planet; every beach, desert, lake, sea, and ocean floor,and of course every golf course. When I look at just one sand trap on the golf course I can't imagine the number of grains of sand in that one small pit. Yet, God speaks of every grain on the earth! The number is unfathomable!"
Today has been an incredibly busy day at work. Normally I don't have a lot of meetings (which I am grateful for), but I started off the day with one and had another during lunch. I also workout over my lunch break and since I had a meeting instead, did that afterwards - which means I haven't spent a lot of time at my desk - so the day has flown by! My lunch meeting was to discuss our "Back to the Future" booth for an upcoming conference (to go with our "every minute counts" theme), so it was a lot of fun. We even found a a guy that's going to let us borrow his DeLorean - complete with an installed iPod that plays a loop of the Back to the Future music & clips. We discussed some things I need to design and got quite a bit squared away, so I'd say it was pretty successful.
Tonight I'm looking forward to doing some baking! I haven't really done much of that since Thanksgiving (and a little at Christmas), but it's something I always enjoy, so I'm looking forward to it. A good friend of mine is having a birthday on Wednesday, so I'm baking their favorite cake. Let's hope it turns out!
Hope your Monday has been great and just the beginning of an even better week ahead!

1 comment:
GORGEOUS cake- Trish!! Amazing! I LOVE that book....It's been a long time since I read it, so I wouldn't mind reading again. It's one of those books that I think I should probably read annually.
We need to catch up. What's your weekend and next week look like? Email me. :-)
Post a Comment