12.02.2008

The Great Debate

I know this is a question that many of you will gasp when you read...but here goes...

Should I decorate for Christmas this year?

I know! ANYONE that knows me is probably sprinting out of their house and running to me with a thermometer in hand...worried sick that I must, MUST be dying. It's crazy, I know, but I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out whether or not I should. Let me start by saying that I bought beautiful new decorations this year. Since this is my first Christmas in the new place, my previous color scheme would not do, so I went with a vintage brown/antique gold/pearl color scheme and I do think it will turn out beautifully...IF I do it. You see, Thanksgiving came a week late this year, and I leave the week before Christmas for Park City, so at this point if I put up the tree, I'll only get 2.5 weeks out of it. I know that's 2.5 weeks...but I just can't decide if it's worth it. Plus, real trees are expensive for only 2.5 weeks! What to do, what to do...

On a separate note, I have been quite the travel agent tonight!! I booked 2 hotels and, if I do say so, got some AMAZING deals! I will be staying in the Courtyard Marriott for a short night before I fly out to Utah (rooms start at $199, I got mine for $57!), and the Hyatt Regency in downtown Denver on my way home (going to enjoy a night on the town with my good friend Kayla!!) - also purchased that for a ridiculously cheap price! Now I just have to book 2 nights in Chicago for New Year's and I am done booking hotels for a while! Hopefully there will be some good deals lurking out there for those nights as well.

16 days and I'll be skiing to my heart's content! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Beth said...

You don't have to put up a tree, but you should at least put some winter decorations out that could last through mid-January. Lights, pinecones, etc. Not that you are using pinecones, but you understand what I am trying to say.

all up in each others bizness said...

if it weren't for my kids i would screw the christmas decorating this year....time is flying and we won't even be here for the holiday....but i just know my daughter will bring it up in 20 years "the year we didn't have a tree".......lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...