9.24.2008

Weekends in the Fall

My favorite season of the year is here...and if it's possible to have "fall fever", I definitely have it - much worse than I ever did in the spring. Last night I even went to the store to start my fall baking, but wouldn't you know, they were completely sold out of pumpkin! Boo. Apparently Nashville is having some issues with being sold out of things (you know what I mean if you heard about the gas crisis over the weekend). So anyway, I grabbed the rest of my items and will swing by another store on the way home tonight for some pumpkin.











This weekend will definitely be a weekend full of fall-ish activities! For starters, a group of us will be meeting downtown Franklin Saturday morning and heading out to Gentry's Farm for some hayrides, apple cider, and most importantly - pumpkin pickin'. From there we'll be heading back to my place to carve pumpkins, eat chili & cornbread and play Wii! :) Sounds like a perfect day...but it doesn't end there!







When the sun starts to set, we'll pack up our picnic baskets & blankets and head out to Arrington Vineyards for some jazz & wine with more friends! I can't wait to pack up some gourmet cheese & crackers and a sweatshirt and enjoy a crisp evening under the stars!

So, until then, I'm getting through the week - swamped with design work orders and in complete denial of how much I need to accomplish (what else is new?), wishing I was outside hiking through the woods, rafting on the river, mountain biking through the hills or just napping on a blanket in the middle of a field...ahhhh...anywhere but here...

2 comments:

Boswell said...

Sounds awesome! How far away are those vineyards from your house?

Trish said...

Just 15 minutes! Pretty sweet, eh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...