7.09.2008

Big (although not surprising) news

I am selling my house.


I KNOW! It's insanity. I haven't even lived here for 6 months yet, but it's time. The market isn't great anywhere and it may need to sit on the market for quite some time, so I'm going to just let it take its course and not worry about it. I had some long conversations with my dad and we agreed that a house is a house and although it's bittersweet, life is too short to always make the most reasonable/responsible choice. I'm not going to list it quite yet, but am going to really pray about how God would have me go about the process. I believe it is quite possible that there is someone out there that is looking for a place like mine and the process will be simplified and in the end be a blessing on both sides. I may shed a tear when I pack up all the boxes and leave though. I spent months dreaming of this place and watching every stage be completed, but I also know God has greater things in store than a beautiful home - and someday it will once again include a place like this. I'm going to be really honest though, I am going to desperately miss my bathroom and closet. I may actually cry over them the most! It is so bittersweet even thinking about it, but the thing about being bittersweet is that the sweetness is always the second portion. Great things are ahead. Scary, unknown, risky and intimidating, but in the end, so incredibly worth it.

2 comments:

Beth said...

So, should we plan our trip sooner!?!

Stephanie said...

Trish, I think that's a great/brave step and I'll be praying for your house to sell in a way that will only honor the Lord!! How exciting...now where are you going to land??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...