7.09.2008

Trip Rundown

I'll try to start where I left off from my first post on Colorado:

Wednesday Lisa and I slept in and took our time getting ready. We got pedicures (with little flowers painted on our big toes – a little frilly, but kinda cute!), went shopping and headed to Denver with her parents & the Reiswigs to tour the Kingdom Building Ministries center. I really enjoyed hearing about their ministry and the visions & dreams they have for its future as well.

Thursday Lisa and I drove back to Denver and spent the afternoon at Elitch Gardens (basically Six Flags). It was SO much fun! I haven’t had the chance to ride roller coasters in a while, so I definitely enjoyed it. From there we headed over to Coors Stadium for the Rockies game. Lisa’s parents met us there and it was seriously the best baseball game I’ve been to so far! Both teams scored 2 runs in the second inning to tie up the game, then the Rockies scored 1 in the 6th inning, taking the lead. Marlins scored 2 in the 8th inning and we thought it was surely the end, but Colorado came back to score 1 in the same inning to tie it up once again! Neither team scored in the 9th, so we went into the 10th inning with no scoring and into the 11th, where the Marlins scored one and again, we thought it was the end. The Rockies were up to bat, 2 men on base when Spilborghs hit a two-run single to win the game!!! We were standing, screaming and cheering – it was so much fun! After that we enjoyed a beautiful fireworks show (we had a perfect view) to end a perfect day.

Friday all of us took our time once again getting up & getting ready (well, all except for Lisa’s dad who got up and ran a 5k) before having a delicious brunch at a nearby restaurant. We did some shopping for Lisa’s school room and went back to the house and chilled a bit. Lisa’s aunt & uncle came up from Kansas and we enjoyed an amazing meal at the Budensiek’s house before going over to the Greeley Stampede and watching the Kenny Rogers concert (and meeting him backstage as well - Lisa's dad had gotten free tix). Once again we watched some amazing fireworks before calling it a night.

Saturday we met up with Lisa’s brother Dale for brunch at Egg & I and said goodbye to her aunt & uncle. The four of us (Lisa, her parents & I) piled in the car and headed for the mountains. I just sat in the backseat of the car with the windows down, taking in the blissfulness of it all. I think I was made for the mountains. We did a little hiking, took an overwhelming amount of pictures, and made our way to the summit. It was chilly (there was quite a bit of snow!), but my kind of weather for sure. I am thinking I need to work really hard to get in shape before I move out - otherwise I'll be out of breath biking in the mountains with the altitude. After the summit, we drove over to Estes Park and had some amazing pizza at Lisa's favorite joint and did some shopping. Once the stores began to close and the sun set, we took off for home. It was a perfect day.

Sunday came entirely too soon (we were ridiculously tired), but we got up for early service so that we could grab a quick lunch before getting to our whitewater rafting reservation. God bless Lisa - she wasn't really hip on going, but she did it for me, and in the end she was glad she did. It wasn't particularly cold, but the water also wasn't all that warm, so we had to wear wetsuits that were oh-so-lovely but kept us just the right temp. Best part of the day was when we met our rafting guide and he looked at me and said, "Are you a rafting guide?" Haha! No, but thank you for thinking that I could be. Can't say I wouldn't enjoy that! Getting paid to raft, seriously, how fun! Anyway, the trip was great, we had a great guide and a fun group on our raft. Definitely looking forward to many more trips in the future, but I will first enjoy at least one more down the Ocoee next month. Lisa & I headed back home after changing out of our wetsuits and grabbed an AMAZING dinner at Culver's (my favorite custard...something I definitely can't frequent, but mmmmm!!!). We spent the rest of the evening at the movie theater watching Hancock with her parents...which I really liked - not at all what I was expecting.

Monday came too soon and it was time to load up the car and head to the airport. First time in a long time I didn't want vacation to be over...it was just that good.

2 comments:

all up in each others bizness said...

sounds like you had a GREAT trip,trish!!

I love estes park...u have to come back in october for the elk festival....its so awesome....theres 100's just walking around downtown....and howeling(for love,lol).....on another trip you have to visit bishops castle also...i took my first trip there this weekend and omg its so cool....

Unknown said...

seriously, we definitely have to go to bishop's castle next time. It is about 4 hours from where my parents live, but you would love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...