6.02.2008

Old stuph.

I took a trip down memory lane yesterday as I found some old photos of different trips, parties, etc. over the past few years. Then, today I was going through some files at my office and ran across an email I had sent to my friend Jon back in 2004! We went through this phase where every time we would email each other it would be in rhyme and this was by far my longest:

I'm sure that you're swamped
Doing stuff for teens
Getting things ready
So that God will be seen

But I on the other hand
Am wired here today
It's most likely due to lack of sleep
And for that later I'll pay

So I find that my energy release
Is in writing emails
Even though typing
Is all it entails

So maybe even though
You won't have time to write
My energy will spread to you
And bring such delight

I thought I'd see how long
I could get this poem to be
Because certainly today
I've got good rhymes in me!

I listened to Michael Jackson
Earlier in the car
Dancing and singing
I looked crazy by far

I would come to a stoplight
And loudly it would blare
I didn't even care
If people wanted to stare

Because deep down inside
I know they love MJ
And they wanted to dance
But they didn't know what to say

I looked over at them
And said, "Yell PYT!!!"
They looked quite puzzled
And said, "are you crazy?"

I just smiled and laughed
And said, "80's baby!"
They looked rather frightened
And yelled, "get a grip lady!"

So that is my story
Be it false or true
I thought it was funny
So I wrote it for you!

Did you think it was possible
To write a poem this long?
I didn't believe it
But it just came like a song

It flowed ever so freely
Out of my tiny little brain
Pouring out of me
Like water from the rain

So how do I end this?
It just keeps on coming
I'll just stop it right now
I know, it's quite stunning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...