6.01.2008

Design for Facebook?

I just noticed that Facebook is hiring a graphic designer. I kinda chuckled about it, and then I saw the benefits:

* Medical, dental and vision plans with no premium for employees
* 401(k) plan
* 21 vacation days per year, plus 8 company holidays
* Day care subsidy for parents
* Complimentary catered breakfast, lunch and dinner daily (although why are you there for both breakfast AND dinner???)
* Dry cleaning and laundry service onsite (and again, why do you not have time to do your laundry at home? Am I beginning to see a pattern here?)
* Free downtown parking permit
* Subsidized gym membership
* Up to 4 months paid parental leave
* 15" Apple MacBook Pro with large screen LCD monitor (this would be a step down, but for 21 vacation days...tempting :)).

On top of it all, it's in Palo Alto, CA, and well, we all know I'm just not a Cali kinda girl. ALTHOUGH, I did search and find that there are 12 ski resorts within 150 mile radius. That is better....but not enough to pull me that far west. Oh, and did I mention that the median home price was $929,000?? Yeah...no thanks. Now, if it was a design job for The North Face...hmmm...that might be a tiny bit more tempting. Only if they let me wear their clothes to work everyday - and give them to me for free.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...