5.09.2008
Friday music
I'm impatient, and when I find something good, I just can't wait until Tuesday to share it. I like this guy - great keys and an interesting folk-type of sound to him. Plus, he has a song called "green" and being that I love green, I'm by default a new fan. Speaking of green, have you ever thought about why people are attracted to certain colors and dislike others? I just think green has been in my blood since I was born, but I'm sure there's something along the way that swayed me toward loving that color more than others...I don't know. I really think in the end it all has to do with associations - cultural, political, fads, etc. Certain colors evoke certain emotions in people, but I don't think those emotions are universal to the color because not every person loves green or feels the same way about it that I do. Anyway, just a thought I had.
I can't tell you how excited I am that it's Friday. Not only because I'm looking forward to the weekend and to sleeping in, but because one of my closest friends is getting married tomorrow. I've known Jon for 5 years, which is short compared to others, but over time he has definitely become my 4th brother. I've always been a little worried about who he would marry just because I'd like to stay friends with him forever, but thankfully he made an excellent choice and Bethany is just perfect for him. I believe that you can tell someone has married the right person when that person brings out the best version of them the majority of the time. That is definitely the case with Bethany & Jon. Jon is crazy, sarcastic & funny, and has this really sweet side that comes out every-so-often. With Bethany, he is crazier, more sarcastic and more funny - and he's been the sweetest I've ever known him to be. I'm looking forward to getting to know Bethany even more and looking forward to trips, moments and hilarious memories to come with the two of them!
On an unrelated note, I have to throw out a recommendation for a new restaurant in Cool Springs. It's this little coffee shop called Cafy's and it is excellent! I can't vouch for their coffee since I haven't tried it yet, but their food is amazing and their prices are very reasonable. Not only that, but they have a great outdoor eating area (always a bonus!) and bring the food out to you (I love being served, what can I say? :)). I would highly recommend the grilled apple & cheese sandwich. Delish! For those who live in the area, it's over by Tossed on Aspen Grove. Check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment