4.18.2008

Snow Cones


Yesterday after work I headed to Pinkerton Park with my roommate to enjoy the gorgeous weather that had been taunting me all day. It was perfection. People walking dogs (prompting me to return to the ever-present debate of wanting a dog), flying kites, throwing frisbees...just a really picture-perfect little world. At one point I heard the ice cream truck in the distance pulling into the park, which I'm sure was a delightful sound to little ears.

As we're heading around the track I see this little girl enjoying the most perfect looking snow cone. It was round on top with just the right amount of each flavor, creating a tasty-looking rainbow. You could tell, as she eyed it, she was pretty happy about her treat. She enjoyed a quick bite and then took off running to catch up with her mom pushing a stroller ahead. As she did, the snow cone fell completely out of the cup that held it. I immediately gasped feeling so sorry for her, and just as I did, she reached down, picked it up, placed it back in the cup and kept on eating it as if nothing had happened! I couldn't help but laugh. Apparently the 5 second rule is still very much in effect - even on a trail that many feet & paws have walked! Ah, to be a blissfully unaware child with a sugar coma. Those were the good ole' days.

2 comments:

Erin said...

MMM....a snowcone sounds great! :)

tapango1 said...

i love blue snocones....its hard not to push my own children down when the truck comes,lol

i wish my local friendly grocer would supply these in the frozen section.....the denver zoo now has them,woot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...