3.22.2008

Product Endorsement Time!

I FREAKED out tonight. I can't help it. I'm just one of "those" kind of people! I'm not an OCD clean kind of person, but I like to try to respect the things I have...especially the one-month-old-practically-new things, like my carpet.

I got home from my pedicure this afternoon (didn't end up getting to it last night, but still thoroughly enjoyed it!) and noticed a little black spec on the carpet (because, yes, I crawl on my hands and knees and study the cleanliness of my carpet...no, not reeally). No biggie (or so I thought). I bent down to pick up this little "crumb" and something disastrous happened. It turned into a fine powder, a fine BLACK powder and ingrained itself into my carpet. Okay, okay, try not to panic. I grabbed the vacuum and thought - it's powder (pretty sure it was eye shadow - no idea how it got there), certainly it will come right up. Yeah, notsomuch. The spot that was just a spec, was now the size of a quarter - in the DEAD CENTER of my living room carpet! Not only that, but as I started looking around I found 3 more spots! Two were very minor, but one was almost as bad (because for some reason, I didn't learn from touching the first spot and smeared the second as well). Here it comes, oh boy, I think I'm having a panic attack...can somebody get me some water? I think I'm going to puke (I can be a bit of a drama queen). So of course, I did the thing any girl would do - I called mom, but got dad, and we both got on our computers and started searching for a remedy. Thank goodness for technology, we found someone who had spilled dark green eyeshadow on their carpet and used Woolite Oxy Deep to get it out. So, I ran to the nearest grocery store, picked up a $3 bottle, and sprayed & prayed (pretty sure those were the written directions on the back of the bottle). IT WORKED! You would never know anything happened - the carpet is back to lookin' as good as new! So, that is my product endorsement today. Go out and get yourself a bottle and keep it on hand - pretty sure this stuff will turn water into wine...or at least take out the wine if you spill it on your carpet.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good to know! I love when you find a product that works just like it's supposed to...this is similar to how I felt when I first discovered the power of the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! When I saw those scuff marks disappear on my floor, I did a little victory dance! Sad, I know.

Trish said...

I LOVE the Magic Eraser! I think every woman in America probably wishes she could carry one in her back pocket for all the miracles it can accomplish! :)

tapango1 said...

i thought all women did carry them in there pockets...wow how embarrassing for me,lol

and also...shame on anyone who spills there wine!!

one aspect of my job is pretrying out products and then creating buzzzz about them....this is one of the products i tested and i agree two clean thumbs up!

Beth said...

I use the oxy deep clean for all of my little doxie messes!!! Like when I gave her a piece of colby cheese the other night and it came back up whole and undigested. I thought the cheese tasted a little dry myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...