When I get antsy, I like to bake. I don't know why. Apparently baking has some kind of soothing effect on me. The problem with baking is that usually it isn't healthy, and being that there's just one of me, dangerous to have in the house. So, sometimes I bake for fun and bring it into the office, or I just wait until some occasion where people are coming over or I'm going somewhere so I can take it and let others enjoy my therapy. Today I have a terrible case of spring fever (it's going on almost 2 weeks straight now) and am having a hard time focusing on what I need to accomplish! I think I'm going to head out of the office and do some work from Panera just for a change of atmosphere, but really, what I want to do right now is go home and bake. I would love to make a pie (although I don't actually like to eat them) and spend hours decorating the crust. This is one I made a while back...

On to other, less boring, more important news. I have a few photos of the kids to share from Easter! I sent Will & Lauren's outfits to them, but Cheri found Emily's (which is SO cute!). I think they are just about the cutest kids ever (and an all-around handsome family), but of course I'm completely biased.
6 comments:
Hey, I know that pie!
what kind of pie was that?
It was an apple pie. I cut out the leaves, then draw veins on them with a knife. I make egg washes in a variety of colors and paint them on, make some berries out of red pie crust...and viola! I don't do it the same way every time, but that's the basic idea.
wow,sounds time consuming,lol
Lauren is cracking me up in that solo picture of her.
Post a Comment