I love finding new, healthy recipes, and this is one of my favorites, so I thought I'd share it. I created it from a basic bran muffin recipe - making my own personal "tweaks" to make it healthier & more flavorful. Let me know if you try it!
Cinnamon Vanilla Bran Muffins
1 1/2 cups All Bran Original
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup applesauce
2 egg whites
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin cups.
Mix together bran buds and buttermilk and soak for 10 minutes.
Beat together applesauce, egg whites, sugar and vanilla and add to bran mixture. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until blended.
Pour into greased muffin tin. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Yields 12 muffins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment