First off, I wanted to share one of my new-found "favorite things". I have a terrible sweet tooth and although it begs to be satisfied, I can't just dive into a huge piece of chocolate cake every time I hear it calling! SO, there are many creative solutions I've come across over the years, but my favorites right now are Jello's new sugar-free pudding cups in Dulce de Leche, Chocolate Mint and Banana Fudge. At only 60 calories a pop, it is a much wiser sweet-tooth solution than many other options. I can't decide between my favorite - it's either the Dolce or Chocolate Mint...but mainly depends on my mood. I love these little cups of joy because they are "double layered". I can't tell you why that brings such satisfaction to me, but it works. The Dolce is a vanilla pudding with a caramel sauce on top, the chocolate mint is a chocolate pudding with a fudge-mint type of sauce on top, and the Banana Fudge is a banana pudding with fudge sauce on top. The banana is slightly artificial, but it's not too bad, especially when mixed with the fudge. Not sure if everyone would be a fan or not, but I don't mind it.Onto more exciting news...

This weekend is YEC, and Stephanie is coming up from Atlanta to hang out for the weekend and help with the event! I am SO excited! YEC is a youth evangelism conference that my company puts on every year with 10-14,000 teens in attendance. I always look forwarded to designing the print material, tshirts, etc. and this year I even get to do some detail painting on a VW bus for our stage set! Last year we had Barlow Girl, Charlie Hall and a group of BMX riders that did tricks in the auditorium (they had ramps where they did all sorts of flips and stuff! It was pretty amazing.) among many others. This year I am not as familiar with all of the special guests (aside from 33 Miles), but knowing how great it has been for the past 5 years, I trust it will be just as amazing as always. I'm especially excited to hear one of the speakers share his testimony. He's a young gentleman that was born without any arms or legs. One thing I really enjoy about working the event is that many times we eat dinner with the speakers, musicians, etc. Over the years I've had the pleasure of having dinner with Chris Tomlin, Charlie Hall, David Crowder and others. Not sure how it always works out, but I end up in these great, totally "normal" conversations with these guys. I love hearing their heart when it's not only coming from a large platform in front of thousands, but sitting on a folding chair eating a sandwich. And of course, even more importantly, getting to witness how this event affects thousands of youth from all over...that is what makes it all worthwhile. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:
the fudge mint pudding is delish(even for breakfast,lol) i can't find the bananna fudge one your speaking of...i'll be asking my friendly grocer about that on the next visit
if you like tapioca...kozy shack has the best tapioca pudding for 90 calories a cup!!!
I'm not a tapioca fan, but I have been wondering if they're apple pie a-la-mode pudding is any good? I noticed it's only 10 calories more than the jello pudding...and of course the flavor made me curious. Have you tried it?
no, but now i am curious also...however i have had the apple pie yopliat yogurt and i was not impressed....its awkward to chew on a hard apple chunk while sucking on yogurt.....i'll watch for the apple pudding
Post a Comment