2.21.2008

Cussing Thursday

I probably shouldn't share this, but Thursdays at my office (mind you, a Christian organization) are lovingly referred to as "Cussing Thursday". Granted, there's a small group of us that joke about this (although if I were honest, some Thursdays the title holds true...mostly because I really enjoy using the word "ass" whenever possible), so most weeks we celebrate this day by going out to lunch somewhere fun. Today was my pick (who are we kidding here, I like picking, so I pick quite often), so I opted for Puckett's Grocery in quaint, downtown Franklin. I'm not a big red meat person, but sometimes I just crave a nice, juicy burger, and that was the case today.

Julie drove, and just as it was our turn to take a left at the stoplight, it quickly turned yellow and then red. Julie was so focused on getting through the light that she began to make a quick left turn, only to realize that the road was closed. So, now she needs to continue going straight, but the pedestrians have started crossing the street. In this incredibly awkward and funny moment, we're stuck in the middle of the intersection, wishing our windows were tinted, and this nice young gentleman crossing the street stops and waves us by. I think I was halfway down the seat laughing at this point. Anyway, we made our way around the block and back to the street we were needing, parked and headed into Puckett's. We're still laughing as Julie makes some comment about hoping that the people that were crossing the street have long since passed by now. Sure enough, mr. red backpack (a.k.a. nice young gentleman) is standing in front of us waiting to be seated. The more hilarious end to the story would be if he had turned around and made some smart comment about our poor driving skills, but instead it was our own embarrassment in and of itself that kept us laughing the rest of lunch. Laughing, not cussing. Although on this version of Cussing Thursday a lot of those curse words were probably pointed towards us :).

1 comment:

Beth said...

That's funny. Nothing wrong with using the word "ass" now and then. Only wish I could use it in my workplace!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...