2.24.2008

Weekend Update


First off, here's an adorable picture of Emily. She's now 8 months old, which is just crazy! She's growing up faster than I can visit! I think she's going to be a sweet little ham. I mean, look at that smile?! She just aims to charm!

Friday night I enjoyed a fun night out with the girls at 5 Guys Burgers (seriously, i had a major red meat craving last week. Apparently that happens when you're low on iron? I'm good now :)). Seriously, those are the best french fries I have ever had. After dinner we saw Vantage Point (VERY good!) and then had hot cocoa/coffee/tea at Fido's. I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt. I love that!

Saturday I was quite anxious to get my new washer & dryer. I had 2 weeks worth of laundry piled up and couldn't wait to spend my Saturday afternoon tackling it with detergent & softener. My hopes were quickly deflated when the delivery team arrived and soon after informed me that the washer had a few dents. Honestly, I didn't even look at it to see the severity of the damage, I just said, "I paid too much to have flaws. I'll wait for a new one." It will be here next Saturday, hopefully this time without dents. Thankfully Stacey allowed me to catch up on laundry at her place today.

Oh! How could I forget?! The biggest news of the weekend is that one of my favorite people and close friends, Jon, got engaged!!! I had the extreme pleasure of helping him "design" the details of his plan, which was a lot of fun. I hope it's something that will be a lasting memento of that day for years and years to come. I am incredibly excited for both of them - they are such a sweet (and funny!) couple.

Other than that, I took a short road-trip to Clarksville with the girls from work. One of the 4 girls that I enjoy "Cussing Thursday" and many other times with, lost her grandfather last week, so we went to spend some time with her at the viewing. I'm glad that we went - just having gone through that last fall, I know how much it can mean to see a familiar smiling face in a sad time.

So, other than church & chillin', that was my weekend! Hope you enjoyed yours just as much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...