1.14.2015

Love Notes on the Mirror

Last night I had dinner with a girl that I've only hung out with once. Well, twice if you count the time that I was in a pinch and asked if she could pick me up from the airport, which led to her having to wait 3+ hours in cell phone parking when I realized I left my wallet on the airplane. How's that for a start to a great friendship? :) Last night we sat and talked until they started sweeping up the restaurant and as I drove home I couldn't help but thank the Lord for the gift of new friendships, conversations that flow easily, things that you take for granted until you're in a completely new place.

As I was getting ready for bed last night, a friend from college that lives in Colorado Springs texted me and said, "Hey, I know this is a long shot, but would you want to come down Friday night and have a free girl's night in a cabin?" Of course I didn't even hesitate with my yes! And as I crawled into bed I couldn't help but thank the Lord for Friday nights that are wide open and for the gift of lifelong friends that still pursue you.

Today I had 3 long phone calls back-to-back with people that I love, baked a loaf of almond poppyseed bread while listening to iWorship's top 20 songs of 2014, did my 4th quarter estimated taxes (which I actually enjoy doing - other than the "giving them my money" part :)), worked, read and stretched...a lot...because every muscle hurts from my last OTF class, which is awesome!

And I couldn't help but thank the Lord....for all of the small things that happen every day. And sometimes they might be so small that if you don't pay close attention - they'll slip right on by without you noticing. God is good in the big stuff and we often give most credit and awe to that, but there is such sweetness in every moment that I don't want to miss...

It's like He's leaving love notes for me every day as a reminder of His affection for me and I don't want to miss a single one.

"Do not disdain the small - because it's the ordinary that adds up to the great." 
-Ann Voskamp, Zechariah 4:10a NCV

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...